Enable roaming and charging data exchange with OCPI
AMPECO’s EV charging platform fully supports OCPI to streamline roaming agreements, enhance user experiences, and optimize energy management.
Why is an OCPI-enabled backend important for your EV charging business?
Enable real-time charging data exchange
Exchange information with charging service providers and industry players, including updates on charging station status, transaction details, pricing, and more.
Easily manage payments
OCPI has two functional modules servicing payment processing that enable you to track critical details like cost, duration, and energy consumption, needed for your billing process.
Leverage smart charging capabilities
Integrate energy management tools or use built-in CPMS functionalities to send Charging Profiles and enable smart charging on specific chargers across multiple networks.
Enable roaming for your EV drivers
Empower your EV drivers with the ability to access multiple charging networks seamlessly, using their existing account for a convenient and uninterrupted charging experience.
Efficiently connect with networks
Rely on OCPI to simplify and reduce the cost of integrating with operators and charging service providers while providing a standardized protocol for communication.
How OCPI works
Data and commands exchange is enabled by two types of modules – Configuration and Functional
AMPECO Developer Hub
Get access to comprehensive API documentation and guides that increase developers’ productivity and shorten time-to-market when building custom functionality.
OCPI for Scalable EV Charging Networks
Enhance your EV charging operations with AMPECO’s OCPI-enabled platform
request a demo
Get started with AMPECO
Book a 30-min introductory call with our specialists and learn more about our EV charging platform.
OCPI main uses for large-scale EV charging providers
OCPI enables a better EV charging experience through roaming, seamless data exchange, frictionless billing process, and smart charging management capabilities.
Seamless EV charging access
OCPI facilitates roaming with trusted EV charging networks, allowing charge point operators to expand their services through partnerships with other EV charging providers. This makes charging easier and more convenient for EV drivers as they can use a single account or app to access charging stations across different networks.
Efficient charging data exchange
Connect with other industry players and seamlessly exchange EV charging data. Information exchanged includes the sending of remote commands such as reservations, authorizing charging sessions, and billing, but also location information and charging session records.
Streamlined transaction management
OCPI facilitates payment handling by providing a streamlined way for charge point management systems to share session information with external billing systems. Each transaction record (CDR) includes the session’s start time, duration, energy consumed, and cost.
Compliance made easy with OCPI
CPOs must prioritize compliance with evolving regulations. This might include providing regular reports to authorities on EV charging data such as sessions, transactions, and EVSEs, which is made possible through OCPI. As an example, Eichrecht compliance is supported by OCPI 2.2.1.
Enhanced charging control
Entities like Smart Charging Service Providers, Aggregators, Energy Service Brokers, and eMSPs can send (Smart) Charging Profiles to a Location/EVSE via OCPI. This enables them to have more control over the charging process and support demand response programs.
- The State of Demand Side Flexibility in Europe 2022
- 6 reasons to use a white-label EV charging solution
- Building A Successful Home Charging Business Model
- What the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive means for EV charging
- The US has officially joined the race: a new EV Charging Action Plan
- EV Roaming: An Important Key to Scaling Your Charge Point Network
Explore the industry
Handpicked resources from leading industry experts.
The 10 features your EV charging management software must have
Understand the business-critical software features in detail and how you can cover all EV charging strategies from one platform. Read now to set yourself up for success.
The AMPECO Platform overview
Find out how to manage a reliable and profitable EV charging network using the EV charging software features in AMPECO’s platform.
Every feature you need to kickstart and run
your EV charging business
What are the benefits of using an OCPI-enabled EV charging management platform?
Using an OCPI-enabled platform offers several significant benefits:
– Facilitates real-time data exchange on charging station status, transactions, and pricing with various industry players.
– Enables EV drivers to easily access and use multiple charging networks with their existing accounts.
– Efficiently tracks billing details like price, session duration, and energy use thanks to OCPI’s two functional modules -servicing payment processing.
– Integrates energy management tools and COMS functionalities for smart charging across multiple networks.
– Simplifies integration with operators, reducing costs and standardizing communication protocols.
What data is exchanged with OCPI?
OCPI facilitates the exchange of diverse data sets, including:
– The address and precise geo-location of charge points
– Hardware specifications such as current type, voltage, etc of the charge points
– Charge point’s status information indicating if the charger is in use or available
– Credential information to authenticate the two backend software systems similar to passwords or tokens
– Remote command to start and stop a charging session
– Data on past charging sessions, such as Charging Detail Records (CDR)
– Detailed tariff information, including costs per kWh, price based on the time of the day etc.
What is the difference between OCPP and OCPI?
OCPP enables the communication between Charge Point Management Systems (CPMS) and chargers, while OCPI enables the communication between charging networks, service providers, and other industry players.
Where can I find the original OCPI documentation?
The official OCPI documentation is available on the EV Roaming Foundation website.
How do I implement the OCPI protocol?
There are two main approaches to implementing the OCPI protocol. You can opt to do it on your own by closely following the documentation, or you can rely on your EV charging management platform to manage all the complexities of implementation, including staying updated with the latest versions.
Book EV Charging Consultation
Our e-mobility experts are ready to answer all your questions about EV charging software and hardware.
Let’s talk about your business case, software features you are curious about, or how we can help you start and grow your EV business.