Offer a 360° experience to your EV drivers with Home charging
Manage private and public charging use cases in one place
Streamline billing and payments
Track energy usage, generate bills, and collect payments with ease. Offer monthly post-paid subscription plans and process reimbursements for EV drivers charging at home.
Schedule charging when it’s cheapest
Incentivize drivers to charge cost-effectively during off-peak hours with smart scheduling. Integrate with your preferred electricity tariff provider to ensure your clients are charging at the cheapest rates.
Build a competitive advantage in the Home charging market
Capture a larger share of the market by offering flexible tariffs, dynamic pricing models and employer reimbursements to EV drivers.
Grow your customer base
Add home charging as a new business model and grow your customer base. Increase your revenue from existing customers whether you’re a public EV charging network provider or an energy utility.
Provide customers with a seamless charging experience
Offer one app for home, workplace and public charging needs. EV drivers can remotely start or stop charging sessions, manage charging schedules and view charging history from one place for the ultimate convenience.
Enable monthly billing subscriptions
Support complex residential charging use cases with a monthly billing cycle which includes a base fee and energy consumption costs. Set a billing threshold where accumulated fees are billed immediately once the limit is exceeded.
Save EV drivers money
Sync with preferred energy tariffs and apply smart charging and scheduling features to allow EV drivers to charge with the lowest possible electricity tariffs.
Reimburse employees charging at home
Easily track consumption for charging at home and generate reimbursement reports in compliance with local tax laws and regulations.
How your EV drivers can set up home charging in 3 easy steps
Help customers keep track of their EV charging costs, energy consumption, and payments.
Install charging station and download the Android or iOS mobile app.
Create a smart charging schedule with time-of-use energy tariffs.
Use flexible billing options such as post-paid subscriptions and reimbursement reports.
request a demo
Get started with AMPECO
Book a 30-min introductory call with our specialists and learn more about our EV charging platform.
GROW YOUR BUSINESS WITH US
Differentiate your customer offering with AMPECO’s advanced home charging features
How to scale your EV charging business with home charging
Get an in-depth overview of the home charging market and understand the potential business models and the software features you need to launch a successful home charging business.
Charging at home use cases
Connecting a home charging station to an EV charging management platform offers a range of benefits for your customers – the EV driver:
- Dynamic load management: Protect the local and home grid from overloading with AMPECO’s smart load management algorithms.
- Smart scheduling: Integrate with electricity providers to offer scheduled charging during off-peak times and help drivers save money from flexible tariffs.
- Remote management and access: Monitor the charging process from start to finish, gain insight on usage, and access the charger if located outside.
Apartment Buildings and Residential Complexes
Charging management platforms make it easy to track and bill tenants all through the convenience of an app. Property managers are free to customize their pricing models, track tenant’s usage, issue billing, and collect payments with ease. Subscription plans in AMPECO’s EV charging management platform simplify EV charging in buildings with shared parking lots. Offer drivers the ability to charge and pay a monthly service fee and the cost of charging in one monthly billing subscription.
With multiple tenants needing to charge simultaneously, grid overload can easily create significant problems for building managers. Avoid this problem entirely with smart charging, where the load is balanced to ensure that it never exceeds available capacity.
Smart charging regulations in the UK
AMPECO is compliant with the smart charging regulations that came into effect in June 2022. The new regulations mandate that all domestic and workplace chargers sold in the UK must have smart charging capabilities to minimize peak demand and protect the energy grid. Some of the new mandatory features include:
- Default off-peak scheduling: To encourage drivers to charge during times of low demand, chargers are preset to switch off during peak hours (8-11am and 4-10pm on weekdays)
- Randomized delays: A randomized delay is set on all charging sessions, including those pre-scheduled, to minimize the impact on the grid. Drivers are able to override this option when needed.
- Monitoring of energy consumption: Live and historical data must be easily accessed by the user including power consumption, session durations, and costs.
- Interoperability: Charge points must be able to send and receive communications, respond to signals by adjusting rate or time which electricity flows regardless of electricity supplier.
- The State of Demand Side Flexibility in Europe 2022
- 6 reasons to use a white-label EV charging solution
- Building A Successful Home Charging Business Model
- What the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive means for EV charging
- The US has officially joined the race: a new EV Charging Action Plan
- EV Roaming: An Important Key to Scaling Your Charge Point Network
Explore the industry
Handpicked resources from leading industry experts.
The 10 features your EV charging management software must have
Understand the business-critical software features in detail and how you can cover all EV charging strategies from one platform. Read now to set yourself up for success.
The AMPECO Platform overview
Find out how to manage a reliable and profitable EV charging network using the EV charging software features in AMPECO’s platform.
Every feature you need to kickstart and run
your EV charging business
Book EV Charging Consultation
Our e-mobility experts are ready to answer all your questions about EV charging software and hardware.
Let’s talk about your business case, software features you are curious about, or how we can help you start and grow your EV business.