Backend Developer with Laravel
We are accelerating positive change and transformation to clean technologies in the mobility and energy sector. We do this by enabling businesses with innovative software solutions in the e-mobility and energy sector. Our product – AMPECO.CHARGE is a SaaS used by companies to manage their EV charging infrastructure, processes and efficient energy use. It’s offered as a white-label product and is already used by companies in the UK, continental Europe, South and North America, Australia and Asia.
Our team is highly motivated, capable and committed to our mission. We are looking to expand it with like-minded people, eager to give, learn and grow together with us.
About the role
By delivering high-quality code and excellent UX, we have been able to be ahead of our competitors and bring great value to our customers. We are now looking for a Backend developer to join our product development team and work on the further advancement of our EV charge point management SaaS, developed mostly with Laravel.
Read on if you believe that you can contribute to our mission. We aim to advance the transformation of the mobility and energy sector with technology and smart software solutions
- Participate in the overall design and architecture of the platform
- Understand business requirements and the features specifications and translate them into elegant high-quality code that delivers the required features.
- Maintain high quality of your own contributions and help others in achieving the same
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing sessions
- Maintain clean and understandable code base
- Continuously improve the code quality of our product
- Track record in software development using PHP, 5+ years experience
- Working experience with Laravel, 2+ years
- Experience with Git
- Experience with building and integrating REST APIs
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time management and personal organization skills
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
Considered an advantage:
- Knowledge and relevant experience in implementing automated testing
- Experience with PHPUnit
- Experience with e2e testing using Cypress
- Experience with CI tools
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of or keen interest of the e-mobility sector
What we offer
- Freedom to work from anywhere and our Sofia-based office
- Support with equipping your ideal home office
- Flexible work hours
- Additional day-off to celebrate your birthday
- 5 additional vacation days, after your first year with the company
- Medical insurance for you and for your family, with great coverage
- Monthly shared mobility allowance (covers Spark and Shareascoot)
- EV week – option to use a company electric car for a week every 1-2 months
- Social events and awesome team buildings (check out our blog post on our ’21 Fully electric team building)
- Opportunity to join early a fast-growing company with great ambition and on the path to become an industry leader
Do you think you are a good fit?
Our Selection Process
Submit your resume
Find out if we are a cultural match
Code review of a piece of code that you are proud of
Let’s discuss your professional growth opportunities within AMPECO
Working at AMPECO
At AMPECO, we have a scale-up company mentality combined with a great working atmosphere and some of the leading EV experts.
We believe in making things happen and life at AMPECO is results-oriented. We have a very open and positive company culture — and most importantly, have fun while working at full speed.
All of us definitely strive for growth, believe in getting things done, and help our customers and each other to succeed.
Why should you apply?
You spend a third of your life at work. At AMPECO we make sure your time is well spent.
Design your home office
Test our EVs
Take a break
Encouraged to grow