AMPECO is one of the most innovative companies in the area of electric vehicle charging infrastructure – an industry that aims to change the world by making charging easier for everyone. As electric vehicles (EVs) are bringing in a transformation of our transport and mobility sectors, AMPECO is at the forefront of a revolution and we’re just getting started.
Our product – the AMPECO EV Charging Platform is a business-critical SaaS platform used by companies to manage their electric vehicle charging infrastructure, processes and energy use. It’s already used by companies all over the world – from North and South America to Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Our brilliant and experienced team are all dedicated to our mission – accelerating the worlds’ transformation to clean technologies in the mobility and energy sector. This is challenging work, but we’re not ones to lack ambition. We’re fast-paced, innovative and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. This is why we’re looking for people like you to help change the world at AMPECO. Come and join us!
About the role
We’ve currently looking for a Chief Accountant to oversee the accounting operations of our fast scaling organisation.
- Analyse financial information and summarise current financial status;
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable;
- Post daily accounting entries on company transactions according to the Bulgarian legislation;
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results;
- Prepare a monthly income statement, balance sheet, cashflow in accordance with the budgets;
- Support month-end and year-end close processes;
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all tax returns ( incl. VAT declarations, local taxes, corporate taxes, withholding tax, Annual Tax declarations, Statistics reports, BNB declarations and other data which is to be declared to the state institutions);
- Responsible for tax audits, tax returns and the issue of requested documents;
- Responsible for the preparation of information for financial audits to ensure compliance;
- Responsible for preparation of Annual FS;
- Take leading part in accounting software implementation;
- Execute payroll management.
- Education degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field, backed up with Formal Finance or Accountancy qualifications/certifications (ACCA, ACA, CIMA etc.);
- At least 5 years of relevant accounting experience preferably in a multinational environment as a chief accountant;
- Deep knowledge in: statutory legislation in the accounting and tax field; the normative acts related to the tax and social security legislation; legislation and Bulgarian Labor Code related to payroll;
- Solid IFRS knowledge;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel;
- Analytical, detail-oriented personality with good organisation and communication skills;
- Fluency in English.
Considered an advantage:
- Interest and knowledge in US GAAP.
What we offer
- Opportunity to join early a fast-growing company with great ambition and on the path to become a global industry leader;
- Opportunity to work with amazing, highly experienced people;
- Remote work with the option to choose to work from one of our Sofia-based offices;
- Flexible work hours;
- Bonus day-off to celebrate your birthday;
- 5 additional vacation days per year, after your first year with the company;
- Social events and awesome team buildings;
- Medical insurance for you and for your family, with great coverage;
- Monthly shared mobility allowance (covers Spark and Shareascoot);
- EV week – you get a company electric car for yourself for a week every 1-2 months.
Do you think you are a good fit?
Our Selection Process
Send your resume
Find out if we are a cultural match
Additional meetings for skills and experience assessment
Empower your career with us
Why should you apply?
You spend a third of your life at work. At AMPECO we make sure your time is well spent.
Design your home office
Test our EVs
Take a break
Encouraged to grow